Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear



Most of you have already heard of and most likely already tried this coveted foundation. While I am not new to the game, I am a new user. Let me explain...

I have tried many foundations. Some I really liked, some I returned immediately (or threw away!). I found myself always going back to my go to, which is the MAC 'Studio Fix' Fluid Foundation . 

About a year and a half ago, I decided to give Double Wear are try. After all the rave reviews I saw on YouTube and read on beauty blogs, I figured this foundation would automatically be my new forever love. Not the case at all. I think this was because the girl at the counter picked a shade that was way too light for me (even after I told her it was too light) with pink undertones. I took it home anyway just to test it under different lighting and literally returned it the next day. I left it at that. I was annoyed with the lack of professionalism at the counter. On top of that, I had my beloved MAC foundation.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I decided to give it another go. I wanted something that provided more coverage than MAC, and I knew I had to give it another shot. I. AM. IN. LOVE. (Amazing what wearing your proper shade will do!) I thought I would share my non biased, not paid for opinion:

Pros

                                                            Over 20 shades available
                                                                    Long wearing
                                               Doesn't change color or slide off my face
                                                  Oil controlling (for me at least!)
                                                 It covers pretty much EVERYTHING
                                          Use with or without concealer (It's that good!)

Cons

No SPF (Big deal for me)
No pump (I purchased THIS pump)


Overall, I am so glad I gave this foundation another go. It is such a nice addition to my makeup routine and I will purchase again!

I hope you all have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment